03 January 2007

Day 3

Well, I have to earn my crust so days in the field are limited to weekends .... usually wet ones this year. Nevertheless, life has its little compensations and driving in to work yesterday past the wooded entrance to the arboretum I spooked a Northern Goshawk that was snacking on something in the roadside verge and once I had regained control of the car I almost immediately spotted a Red-tailed Hawk on a lighting pole by the roadside. Two excellent ticks.

This morning there were around 100 Canada Geese on the river - weird for this time of year when the river should be a frozen sheet and the only things on it the mini-vans and trucks of ice-fishermen - while later in the morning J managed to add a Brown Creeper to the garden list for the year.

Looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home